Employee Surveys- Sample Questions
Employee Surveys: Sample Questions
- Do you receive useful feedback on your performance?
- Do you feel that the feedback you provide is valued?
- Is Management approachable?
- Does your Manager communicate effectively?
- Does your Manager bring out the best in employees?
- Does your Manager encourage teamwork and cooperation?
- Does your Manager effectively handle performance/discipline issues?
- Is your Manager compassionate?
- Is your Manager a good problem solver?
- Does your Manager establish clear performance expectations?
- When your manager assigns you work, do you know clearly what you are being asked to do?
Reward and Recognition
- Do you feel that Management recognizes your performance and contribution?
- Does <Company Name> do a good job of linking job performance to rewards?
- Do you feel appreciated at <Company Name>?
- Do you ever receive non-monetary forms of recognition from your manager?
- Are your efforts recognized and rewarded adequately?
- Would you value non-monetary forms of recognition?
Training and Development
- Do you feel that you have the opportunity to advance at <Company Name>?
- Do you feel that employees are promoted based on performance?
- Do you feel that you’ve had enough training to perform your job adequately?
- If you had the opportunity to participate in additional training and development courses, would this interest you?
- Do you feel that training and development is a priority at <Company Name>?
Compensation and Benefits
- Do you feel you are paid fairly?
- Are you satisfied with your benefits package?
- Do your benefits meet your needs?
- Do you feel as though the compensation levels in your organization are communicated effectively?
- Do you feel that some employees within the organization more generously paid compared to other employees for the amount of work that they provide?
Satisfaction and Motivation
- Is your work challenging and meaningful?
- Do you know and take pride in the Company’s mission, vision, and values?
- Do you understand what is expected of you?
- Do you feel that the Company takes safety seriously?
- What are 3 things you would like the Company to keep doing?
- What are 3 things you would like the Company to stop doing?
- What are 3 things you would like the Company to start doing?
- Does the Company create customer satisfaction and excitement?
- Would you recommend <Company Name> as a good place to work?
- Are you proud to work at <Company Name>?
- Are you satisfied with the amount of information you receive from Management about what's going on inside the Company?
- Do you feel that Company meetings are frequent enough?
- Were your expectations of this position close to what the position was actually like?
- Are you well informed about targets, work progress, and future plans?
- Are there opportunities available for you to express your ideas?
- Is there a good degree of communication between departments within <Company Name>?
- Are you able to maintain a reasonable balance between work and personal life?
- In emergencies, does <Company Name> adequately accommodate your personal needs?
- Is the stress level in your job acceptable?
- Is the amount of time you have to work each week reasonable?
Equality and Respect
- Are employees promoted based on performance?
- Do you feel that policies and procedures, including disciplinary action, are applied equally to all employees?
- Do you feel that <Company Name> values diversity?
- Have you ever witnessed discrimination at <Company Name>?
- Have you ever witnessed harassment at <Company Name>?
- Are all employees respected at <Company Name>?
- Do you feel valued at work?
Work Environment and Safety
- Do you feel safe in your work environment?
- Is the air quality (including heat/air conditioning) acceptable in your work space?
- Do you have an adequate/comfortable amount of space in your work area?
- Is your work area clean?
- Is the lighting in your work environment acceptable/comfortable?
- Are the tools, technology, and equipment required by your job readily available?
- Are the tools, technology, and equipment required for your job maintained to your level of satisfaction?